Okay, so we’re closing up the conference! What an amazing two days it’s been. Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to meet new critique partners. Get your query critiqued, or your first 250 words, or your first 5 pages. Hopefully, you’ve read or heard or found one gem among all the vlogs, blogs, live events, and Q&A’s.
In case you missed anything, here’s how today went. Prizes at the bottom!
Wednesday, August 15:
6:00 AM: Plotting with 3×5 cards by author Kimberley Griffiths Little
9:00 AM: Being Orphaned by author Joy Preble
11:00 AM: Blogging Basics by literary agent Pam van Hylckama Vlieg
–11:15 AM LIVE FORUM EVENT: Q&A about social media/blogging
9:00 PM: Live Panel of Professionals — literary agents Katie Grimm and Sarah LaPolla, and editors Sara Sargent and Alison Weiss
Whew. So much awesomeness. And that’s not all! We have some great door prizes up for grabs tonight, donated by our lovely facutly members who have contributed to today’s lineup. All you need to do to enter is comment on this post!
- ARC of THE LOST GIRL (donated by Sara Sargent)
- Signed copy of FRACTURE by Megan Miranda
- FALSE MEMORY by Dan Krokos (donated by Suzie Townsend)
- ALL THESE LIVES by Sarah Wylie (donated by Suzie Townsend)
- ARC of THE SINISTER SWEETNESS OF SPLENDID ACADEMY (donated by Suzie Townsend)
- ARC of VALKYRIE RISING by Ingrid Paulsen (donated by Suzie Townsend)
- ARC of NOBODY BUT US by Kristin Halbrook (donated by Suzie Townsend)
- Query critique by literary agent Suzie Townsend
We’d love it if you’d consider donating to WriteOnCon. Donations are not required to enter to win prizes, but everything you see here is done for free. The posts that are written, the prizes donated, the time spent critiquing. All of it. We love doing this conference for free, but servers and bandwidth cost money, so if you feel like you can donate, we’d greatly appreciate it.
And that’s it! Winners will be announced later this week, and you never know, we usually have plenty of material to make a closing video for you…
THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this year’s WriteOnCon the best ever!