We told you we were gonna get your LIVE on this conference, and we’re not liars. In addition to our live chats (click here to get further details on how those work), we’ll be doing Live Forum Events as well.
Each of these events will take place in our forum—which is how you register for the conference. Click here to go to the forum to register, if you haven’t already.
Then, once you’re in the forum, you’re welcome to get your crazy on in the appropriate areas.
During our LIVE FORUM EVENTS, though, we encourage non-crazy behavior. We encourage reading and direction-following, so you can get the most out of the forum experiences.
Each Forum Event will have a specific topic or area, from an open Question & Answer session to posting pitches/query letters for a specified amount of time.
What you’ll do:
1. Check the schedule (full schedule coming soon!) for Live Forum Events and topics (topics coming soon!).
2. Prepare your query letters/pitches/questions. We encourage you to do this in advance for the forum events you wish to attend.
3. Check the appropriate thread in the forum for further details—read and follow them carefully so our forum moderators don’t have to delete your entry.
4. Remember your manners. Please don’t engage in hurtful behavior toward an industry professional because of feedback they might leave in the forum. Remember, publishing is SO SUBJECTIVE, and these agents are donating their time to give you their experience/expertise.
Please don’t worry if you won’t be around for the Live Forum Events. Reading the feedback/answers agents give to other people can be just like getting it yourself. All of our forum events will be in the forum for your viewing pleasure long after the conference is over.
Live Forum Events Schedule (subject to change):
• Tuesday, August 16, 7:30 AM (EDT): Literary agent Steven Malk wants your questions. Leave your questions for Mr. Malk to be answered in a blog post on Thursday evening.
• Tuesday, August 16, 11 AM (EDT): Live Picture Book forum event with bestselling author Emma Walton Hamilton
• Tuesday, August 16, 5 PM (EDT): Live Q&A with literary agent Jessica Sinsheimer
• Wednesday, August 17, 11 AM (EDT): Live forum event with literary agents Carlie Webber and Christina Hogrebe
• Thursday, August 18, 10 AM (EDT): Live 250-word pitch session with literary agent Alyssa Eisner-Henkin
• Thursday, August 18, 5 PM (EDT): Live forum event with literary agent Roseanne Wells
Questions? Leave them for us here!